Learn about how Dance/Movement Therapy & Dialectical Behavior Therapy can come together. Embodied DBT weaves D/MT and DBT into an integrated approach to help clients cultivate a balanced body and balanced mind. During this 60 minute interactive webinar, we will review the basic concepts of both D/MT and DBT, explore 4 ways in which these two modalities can be integrated via movement experientials. We will touch on various somatic psychology approaches such as: Focusing, The Moving Cycle, and other foundational D/MT principles. As well as each of the four modules of DBT.
- What is Dance/Movement Therapy?
- What is Dialectical Behavior Therapy?
- Mindfulness & Focusing
- Emotion Regulation & Movement Sequencing
- Distress Tolerance & PolyVagal-Informed D/MT
- Interpersonal Effectiveness & Empathic Attunement
How to Prepare:
- Make sure you have a strong wifi connection at the time of the gathering.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you can MOVE in.
- Create a relaxing space where it’s not likely you will be interrupted.
- Pick a song or playlist of your liking to help facilitate movement.